WHAT DO WE OFFER ?
Walks and Treks include:
Use of pack donkeys enables you to explore places rarely visited by others
Day walks & picnics;
Overnight & extended camping treks;
Extended treks and safaris of up to four weeks
Themes and Features can be:
Pioneer themes – following original stock routes, pack horse and mule roads of the area;
Explorer – Retracing actual routes of the first explorers of Cape York;
Rock art and Bi-Centennial National Trail (BNT).
Suitability and Difficulty
Our walks are graded into four assessed levels of challenge, based on a number of factors including:
The nature of terrain,
Quality and availability of tracks,
Isolation and remoteness of the route, and
Expected climatic conditions, and Trek duration.
Gradings are shown on the program of walks and treks
- Challenging, and
Group Size. Our treks are conducted as small groups of no more than 12 people, which assists successful wildlife watching.
Meals during camping treks are cooked over open wood fires using traditional (Bedourie type) camp ovens:
- Short camping trek and day trip menus are based on the availability of local fresh produce. We attempt to show off local specialties when ever possible.
- Expedition rations are based on dried foods with three course dinners, nutritious breakfasts and lunches. Wine is served with evening meals when appropriate. Bread is baked on a time available basis.
- Special gourmet picnics are available on request (for additional cost).
Typically we provide the following camping equipment:
- Insect proof tents (currently Mossie-Dome IV) on a twin share basis,
- Camp stretcher beds,
- Aluminium slat type folding tables,
- Camping chairs,
- Table lanterns,
- Mess kits – plates, bowls, knife, fork and spoon (KFS)sets,
- Drinking mug or traditional quart pot (extended treks only),
- Travel type pillows, and
- Canvas bucket showers